The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Rhianwen tugs her hair into a tight bun so it won't get into her pasta. They go into the shop, which is brightly colored and run by bustling Athkatlans who sit Kendal and Rhianwen at a table. She requests the corner. "Sorry if you wanted a window spot...those make me antsy." She orders a large plate of spaghetti and sets down five coppers. "Ooh, yay! I haven't eaten in a resturant in ages! No offense to you all, but all of you were in the middle of nowhere. So....I'm in a guild, what do you do? You don't look like a warrior."
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 pm

"I'm actually a Sorcerer. Or I try to be anyway. I'm not all that good, and I'm still learning much. I'm not part of any guild either. I'm just a young dwarf wandering around the world." Kendal then becomes distant for a moment, and then comes back. He then attacks his pasta with a ferver that is unmatched in most eating contests. "this is some good pasta." He says through a mouth full.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 pm

"I bet you're a great sorcerer," Rhianwen says, taking a delicate bite of pasta. "Just because you're starting out doesn't mean you're bad," she adds. "Or I hope it doesn't, because then I suck. But if it is true and I do suck, we can suck together!" she says happily. "Friends who suck!" she says, having no clue how weird her statements just sounded.
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 pm

Kendal laughs that hearty laugh again. "It's actually quite nice to be able to sit with someone and just have a good time. the last few days haven't exactly been fun." Kendal finishes his bowl and wipes his mouth with his napkin. "So, what is it like in your guild? From what you told me already it sounds pretty strict."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 pm

She coughs uncomfrotably. "I doubt you'd like it," she says. "You're too, well, you're too nice. We train in the art of the shadows and the art of the kill. We gather information about the Realms and about this world of Toril, so we know who everyone is. We sell our services to the highest bidder, you see, although there are people we refuse to sell to. We don't kill the weak, the old, the helpless, or children. There's no glory in that; anyone can sneak up on those people in the night and send them to their final rest. But every member must begin their first mission alone, with no assisstance from the guild whatsoever. Should we fail, we are killed," she says matter-of-factly. She smiles brightly, then. "But that isn't really important. I'm sure I'll succeed in my first mission, to discover and add the lore of Peludra to the guild so our records are complete!"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm

"Well, I too hope you succeed. Well, shall we get back to the embassy? I'm sure they are finished talking by now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Rhianwen nods. "We should. I hope they are done. Perhaps I shall apologize to Valtheran, and then leave him be. As I should have; I did not mean to make him relive a painful memory. Thanks for going to lunch with me, Kendal. It was fun!" She wipes the last of the sauce from her mouth. And walks with Kendal back to the embassy.
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:25 pm

When they got back, Kendal sees the door still closed, and decides to go sit in a corner and do some thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Rhianwen will use this time to practice with her katana and practice weaving her dark shrouds until Arianrhod and Valtheran return.
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm

After thinking for about 10 minutes, Kendal decides his brain is hurting too much and decides to go practice his spell casting. He goes to the nearest guard and asks if there is a training area nearby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Arianrhod comes out of the room and straight to hers. It looks like she had been crying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Kendal comes back from the training and sees Arianrhod run out of the room. "Now I REALLY want to know what happened in there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Kendal your passive Insight would tell you that you're close enough to simply go ask her if you want. It's up to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Rhianwen knocks tentatively on Valtheran's door, not seeing him exit. "I'm sorry I bothered you and maybe made you relive a memory best left alone. That wasn't my intention. I'll leave you alone after this, I swear, but....why is Arianrhod crying?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

"She showed me one of her deepest secrets. I'm still trying to figure out what it means myself." He shakes his head. "Look, I'd really prefer to be left alone right now... I've got a lot of self-abuse to do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Rhianwen shakes her head. "If that's what you want, although that makes no sense to me. Keep well, Valtheran. And again, I'm sorry." She bows very politely and moves to a more public area, training with her katana and her dark shrouds out in the open.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Varthelan holds his head in his hands and starts crying from the memories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Kendal walks out of Arianrhod's room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Rhianwen, with a deep look of concern, rushes to Arianrhod's room.

*going to post in my area now*
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Kendal is so confused right now he has no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:23 am

Arianrhod bursts out the door and stands for a moment. Seeing Valtheran she walks up to him. "When we talked, did you get a vision of any sort?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 2   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:31 am

He looks up and nods. "A gray dragon standing over a dying silver one. What's it mean?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 am

Rhianwen wanders out and finds Kendal. "Hey. She's okay now. We talked."
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:36 am

"What exactly was that about? What words I managed to get from her didn't make much sense to me.? Kendal looks concerned and still confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 am

Arianrhod nods. "Okay. This is good. This means that Peludra is getting stronger, and she is displaying her past lives to others. And since I'm a conduit, this means I'm special." She turns to Valtheran. "What you saw was one of Peludra's deaths as a mortal on this realm. It has to mean something, and something important."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2   

Back to top Go down
 
2
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: