The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 pm

"I know. i think it's because their jealous that we can get into places they can't."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Rhianwen suddenly seems to think of something, and looks hopefully at Kendal. "This is going to sound utterly silly, but are we friends?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 pm

"Would you like to be? I don't like being mean or rude to others, unless they were rude and mean to me first."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Rhianwen looks delighted, and before Kendal can react, she loops him into a fierce hug. "Yes, yes, yes! I'd love to be friends! You can't have friends in the guild, but you aren't in the guild, so that won't matter." Her brown eyes sparkle as she lets Kendal go. She looks around. "Should I find Arianrhod and tell her I might prefer Athkatla? And..." she sighs, "perhaps find Valtheran and ask him which he prefers now that he might have had a little time to think?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Kendal is stunned, and then he smiles. "I think that would be a good idea. And I think your energy just rubbed off on me. Now i can't just sit around and do nothing. Need something to do." Kendal then bows Rhianwen in the direction they need to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Arianrhod comes out of her room, wearing her under-tunic. Her hair is semi-dry and she's rubbing a towel. Passive Spot shows that Arianrhod has a large bump just above her ear. She looks around quizically. "Uhm, where's Val at?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Rhianwen looks at Arianrhod's bump. "Training bump?" she asks. "And I suppose I pissed off Valtheran, pardon my language. It was unintentional."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Valtheran is standing in a dark corner, staring out a nearby window. He's deep in thought, considering his options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Arianrhod sighed. "Let him cool his heels a bit. And, training bump?" Arianrhod felt around her head till she found it. "Oh shit those are coming in fast..." She smiled nervously. "Horns. They'll be coming in soon. I just hope it won't be like a tiefling's horns...those hurt baaad...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

"I just wanted to tell you, Lady Paladin, that I spoke with Kendal and I thought the Athkatlan jobs might suit me better because they are less complicated. Unless Valtheran prefers the Thay jobs?" she says at the end, making sure Valtheran has a chance to voice his preference, if any.
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Kendal is thinking about Valtheran, and why he's so moody most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:16 pm

Rhianwen turns to Valtheran, walking over to him. "You said to earn your trust. There is a way, if you would hear me out. It is up to you, of course." She inclines her head respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:19 pm

"I'm listening." He turns to look at her. "I heard what you and Kendal were discussing. The reason I don't trust you isn't your profession. It's the fact that you decided to follow us for several days without trying to make contact. That suggests nothing good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:24 pm

"And I said I had intended to make contact, if you had listened. But that's beside the point." She pulls out a large bottle from her bag; it has a label in a strange language. "In case you hadn't noticed, I'm small for an eladrin, aren't I? The last....friend...I had poisoned me when I was young. I have had problems with my stamina and nervous system ever since. Without this medicine, I will grow sick. It is called Tarack's Blueroot, and it is in its liquid form. I am placing my life in your hands, Valtheran," she says, passing him the bottle.

"I will have to trust that you will willingly allow me access to my medicine. Should I betray you or these kind people in any way, merely deny it to me, and I am no longer a threat. If you distrust my explanation, perhaps Arianrhod could ask a cleric to cast a truth spell upon me. This medicine is only availble in Netheril in the city of Shade...I can't get it anywhere. I would have to trust you, and to harm or backstab you would mean my inevitable death. And besides, as I said to Kendal, if I had intended to harm you, as an eladrin, I don't sleep. I could have slain you all, and I didn't." She turns to Arianrhod. "I think that shows I'm bloody trustworthy, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:30 pm

"If you need it, you keep it. I appreciate the offer but there's too much chance of it being broken in my possession. I'm not going to be responsible for killing you by accident." He turns away. "There's already too much on my conscience - I doubt I could survive more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 pm

Rhianwen shrugs and says bitterly, "I highly doubt you would hold my death on your conscious, human. You distrust and dislike me." She takes the bottle and puts it away. She moves closer to Arianrhod. "I have never had to prove my worthiness before. Where I come from, what I just did was unthinkable. One would never hand over something like my medicine to one so openly hostile. Think what you will of me, then. I care not."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

He turns angrily. "Just because I dislike and distrust you doesn't mean that I wouldn't feel responsible for your death. Too many people have died because of me. I'm not adding another one to the list."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Kendal starts getting worried. "People, please. This arguing is not necessary."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Arianrhod stepped in front of him, looming over him. "Valtheran, you and I need to have a word about this past of yours...I too am hesitant to trust you because the few days you have spent with us you have told me nothing. This young lady however," she motioned at the Eladrin, "has fully disclosed her intentions to us in less than 24 hours of meeting us directly. Yes she snuck around, but a paladin alone is intimidating, not to mention tossing a ranger and sorcerer into the mix. However, it is equally distrustful to hide one's past when it is clearly important." She points at his room. "Now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 pm

Rhianwen looks at Kendal. "Blast. I'm sorry. I let my temper get the better of me. I promise not to start arguments like that again. I'm just so used to trying my hardest to get something accomplished....I try too hard. I should have let him cool off like you suggested."
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Kendal looks at the room with some serious concern. "well, it's not all your fault. he himself has a lot of unsolved issues, and he needs to learn to not let them get in the way." Kendal then looks at Rhianwen. "So... what's for lunch?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Rhianwen blinks. "I have absolutely no idea. I keep snacking compulsively on my trail rations so I can finish them off. I like them, but I suspect they're terrible. I'm not exactly a great judge of food. How about you pick, and maybe I'll pick next time?"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:52 pm

"Sounds good to me. I heard from one of the guards that's there's a good pasta shop nearby."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Rhianwen nods. "Oooh, pasta. Filling! I'm game." Rhianwen gestures for Kendal to lead the way. "Oh, and I wish I was allowed to have a beer," she says remorsefully. "It's great with pasta. But I'll turn into a giggling jackass if I do."
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 2   Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:56 pm

"In which case I will resist having one myself. I believe they said it was about a block down the main street." He heads out with Rhianwen behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2   

Back to top Go down
 
2
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: