The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 In Service to your King

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 pm

You feel the dagger pulled from your hand by magic as you tumble and laugh on your back. you look up to see Umbre smiling at you. "That was funny. I just wanted to warn you, Denny does have a tendency to flirt with multiple women. Honestly he's simply trying to find a wife but he tends to overdo it."
This is out of character for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:56 pm

Gives a low and quiet huff slowly rolling herself off the bed and onto the floor before standing and stretching out a little. "So what is the warning meant for, me or him?" She tilted her head to the side somewhat rubbing her wrists,"And how did you get in here anyway the door was locked"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

He waves his hands. "MAGIC." He crosses his arms and looks out the window. "And it's for ME if you must ask. Everytime he breaks a woman's heart I have to deal with the shit. He can't get it in his head that he's not supposed to court multiple people and he's made a lot of faults because of it. I'm getting too old for his shenanigans."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:01 pm

Crosses her arms and laughs quietly. "really think I cant handle myself or him for that manner? Im sure that regardless how things turn out both him and me.. " She stopped suddenly, thinking this over for a moment. "Who is the other women hes seeing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Currently...it's the half-dragon you're looking for. He's probably worried sick over her. I might as well get going. Have fun woman." You hear the door lock behind him as you watch the key in the lock turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 pm

pondering this she searched her memory for this half dragon, trying to remember any conversation, sight or sound of this as of right now unknown female (insight check at +13)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:06 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:09 pm

You got nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 pm

she stood riveted for a moment unable to pull anything at all. After a moment she went back to her gear refastening it all on the the second time this day. Tightening her straps she picked up her blade and moved out the door making sure to lock the door this time. Heading quickly through the halls she made sure to pass by the front of the kings quarters for a talk with the guards. (Intimidate +6 to try to use rank to obtain knowledge of the half dragon) Once done there she moved off into the streets, moving towards the tavern she had found the king at earlier in the day, finding any guardsmen along the way to pry for information (Diplomacy +6 to work her way with words for info). Once inside she took a moment to gather her senses, looking for anyone she knew that would know (Insight +13 looking for faces or people) as well as the halfbreed herself (Perception +10, looking for the half dragon)
(so Intimidate +6, Diplomacy +6, Insight +13, Perception +10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#3 'd20' : 7

--------------------------------

#4 'd20' : 9
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm

At first when you approach the guards they look nervous but relax. You ask about Arianrhod.
"Oi, dat 'arf dragon? Aye, she were here. 'Twere a few days after da King were coronated when 'che got real quiet an sad loik. He kept her comp'ny in his room for a bit."
Diplomacy gets you nowhere but laughed at, though one guard points you towards the Dragonborn Embassy. You decide to swing by on the way back. That's when you spot the street urchin and ask him.
"Ah so you're Gennin' up about Arianrhod, then I'm your Judy Blower! She were a chavvy when her mum kicked the bucket and got adopted by a blinkered old sod in Thay. As she grew up she couldn't be fagged by the barmy and she legged it. She's a Dishy Lass, and Bob's your uncle!"
You stand there dumbfounded for a second when Kren, the dragonborn you saw earlier, greets you. You explain what just happened and she has the kid repeat what he said.
"Ok here's what he said: 'So you're researching Arianrhod, then I know a lot about her. She was a child when her mother died and she was adopted by some narrow-minded old man in Thay. As she grew she couldn't be bothered by the crazy man and she ran away. She's beautiful, and that's all!'" She turns to the urchin and glares. "And If I catch you talking like that about a member of Thay again I'll make sure no dragonborn take business with you, you little brat." He scedadles off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:35 pm

She smiles softly putting a few coins on the table top looking at Kren. "So do you know where I could find her, this is involving the kings court(insight +13)." She gave another look about the tavern for her target if possible before turning back to Kren(Perception +10). "Any information you have regarding her would be greatly welcomed"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:35 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 12

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:59 pm

From your Insight you recall that Kren is the wife of Lord Kane, the head of the Thay Embassy in the castle. So she would know a fair bit. Arianrhod, being a citizen of Thay, would need to stop by, and being a Chosen of Peludra, she would need to stop by the small church that's there. Kren is friendly and sociable as befitting her bardic nature, and could provide information without bribing.

From your Perception you don't see Arianrhod, but you do spot a shady bunch of men in the corner of the tavern. Three of them have black arm bands and are talking animatedly to a woman, whom you notice to be a noble. You've seen her once or twice at parties.

Kren slides the coins back to you. "I know she's in Chult and will be flying back here soon. Her plan is to stop at Athkatla and rest before carrying on to the High Forest, where she'll be assisting some friends in clearing a Taint that Graz'zt had been spreading. I think his plans were to ruin the High Forest and weaken it, throwing most of our western coast into turmoil. Then it would be easy for him to attack the coast. Thankfully he was stopped at Chult. It probably won't be another week before she shows up here. Now if you're looking for her, I'll be sure to send her your way as soon as I see her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:06 pm

she gave a nod and a smile at her "that would be wonderful, just send her to the castle and ill have someone escort her to me, thank you for your service..." she paused looking at the small group off to the side nudging Kren slightly and casting a glance off towards the group wearing black arm bands. "Seen them before, as a member of the guard I need to know any place they have been seen, how often they are here and anything you know about the women as quick as you can speak." her own voice was low and quiet though maintaining her cheerful chatterer smile doing her best to make it look like they were still just idly talking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:12 pm

She talks without moving her mouth. "The men I've never seen, but that woman has been showing up at a few parties; I expect she'll be at the Winter Solstice Ball in a few days. Seems like she's been trying to vie for the king's attention, but she's been failing badly. Mostly cause she's not trying hard enough. Too timid. No threat in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:19 pm

"she nodded again giving a wide smile, "Well thank you for your time, if anymore issues arise around here do let the guard know" Giving another nod to her hoping the hint was caught she turned around and began to wander back towards the castle slowly, knowing who and when to expect this new visitor as well as whom to alert the other guards to watch out for at the ball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:25 pm

You get back to your room at a late hour and realize you haven't eaten all day. Grabbing a quick dinner you settle back down to your room. You can either go to bed or do a little more snooping around, though you won't find much considering the late hour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:29 pm

tosses her gear off and lays back in bed, making a list of things to do the following day, including meeting with the captain of the guard and relaying info regarding the black arm bands at the inn, alerting him of the unknown named female courting the king, trying to meet the king to speak with him, and getting some more bread. Sitting on the bed she bites into the mango savoring the sweet taste finishing it off before laying on her pillow and falling asleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:36 pm

The night is uneventful and you wake up much like you always do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

grumbles and puts on her gear like always, strapping the blade and moving quickly to the commanders office to deliver her report, explaining the number of men seen, any gear upon them, as well as the lady and reminding the captain of his fondness of women and her attempts to woo him. Once that was done she smartly saluted and waited for any further orders
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:48 pm

"I apologize for us taking so long to produce a definitive schedule, but the King assures me that he's got you on a task already, so you'll be taking your commands from him. He wants you to meet him, and it probably wouldn't hurt to tell him yourself what you saw. Look at you Elyco. Wasn't too long you had just joined us, and now you're already taking commands from the King. I'm proud of you." He salutes you respectfully and you bow out to leave, off to meet the king in the Chambers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:52 pm

-her belly rumbles stopping by the mess to snatch an apple before going onward. Climbing the stairs towards his quarters she thinks back on the previous days events, something coming off as epic about the whole thing. With a nod she passed the twin guards at the door giving it three sharp knocks,"your expecting me my lord?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:00 pm

He looks up from his paperwork, a pair of crystal spectacles balancing on the tip of his nose. "Yes, please, come in and have a seat. I'll be with you shortly. Just reviewing...something....hm..." He mumbles something about needing to solve the homeless issue before winter gets worst. Taking off the spectacles he looks up at you. "I heard Umbre startled you yesterday. I apologize. He can be...gruff."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm

" more so than could be expected and I recovered fast my lord" she pauses crossing one leg slowly, her chain clinking with the movement. "So what can I do for you today sir, and once were there I believe that there's some things that we need to talk about as well you may not be aware of"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   

Back to top Go down
 
In Service to your King
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Ganja king's
» FS, King Grayskull light up Orb column (custom)
» King Grayskull for sale.
» King's Out
» What do you think about the King's Gambit?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section :: Trix & DM-
Jump to: