The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 In Service to your King

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:35 pm

Trix you wake up that chilly wintry morning with a full fire roaring in the hearth, warming the room nicely. Climbing out of bed and into your off-duty uniform, a smart-cut tunic & trousers with knee-high boots, you walk down to the mess hall of your barracks. Being a member of the Royal Guard alone had it's benefits, but when you were recently promoted to 2nd Sergeant things got real nice. A room of your own, rank to boss around the Cadets with...life was getting better. You see a few of your friends in the Mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Looking around carefully I move to sit down at the table next to a few of the people that I know making small time chat with them, asking about the usual rumors from around the castle while fingering her holy symbol in around her neck idly, worn even though the rest of her gear was secure in a trunk as she managed to talk a buddy into giving her some of the food on his plate. At last she stood up and after saying bye started to head out towards the archway leading out of the castle, needing to get some goods from one of the markets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:48 pm

On your way in you bump into your Sr. Officer, Captain Gibbs. He salutes you.
"Sorry Sgt. Elyco, but I'm afraid I'll have to intrude on your day off. Gen. Hawke has an order for you."
He hands you a piece of paper and salutes once more before walking off.
"It seems the King has gone out on one of his walks again, and there's been reports that the Black Dog Rebels want his head. Go find him and bring him back to the castle for the 1,500th time. Be sure to look for anyone with a black band on, they might be a rebel."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:01 pm

looking at the paper for half a moment I almost swore, instead choosing to relax with one of the methods she had learned in her early days of serving Helm. Taking in a deep breath and letting it out I briskly walked back to my room taking a final look around. After the moment was done I opened my chest strapping on the armor. Buckling the belts, tightening the straps thanks to years of practice it was in like lighting. Looking in the mirror against the wall I couldn't hide the smile at the new set of chain before grabbing my blade from its resting place next to the bed. Sliding it into its scabbard I jogged out the front gate, slowing only to salute the guards at the door. Once under the light of day I take a deep breath and start down towards the docks, either to find someone to get some information about the king from or lucky to find him helping a beggar once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Roll either an Insight check or Streetwise check. Your choice, but only one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:13 pm

She walked through the alley nose twisting at the smell of rotten fish and unwashed bodies. Not a place for a normal women to be alone after dark though mostly safe during the day. Besides her holy symbol sat on its chain openly against her chest, not many would mess with a cleric of Helm with no reason. Ever one to listen to the rumors from guardsmen she went towards a small stall near the waterside the owner supposedly possessing a good knowledge of much the interests around the city (streetwise +6)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:13 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 pm

You pick up a particularly interesting conversation and pause, non-nonchalantly listening in.
"Dija hear?"
"No what?"
"Graz'zt attacked the Crystal Citadel at Chult about a week back."
"No shit?"
"Yeah. And he got his ass handed to him"
Another guard joins in. "I heard it was more his head wot were handed to him. By that 'arf dragon the king had a fancy fore las' fall."
"I heard it was a Shifter."
"Aw man how'd you lot hear this?"
"Down at the docks."
"Up at tha pub."
So Graz'zt is dead. Must've been dumb luck or really strong people that took him down. The guard with no life spoke up. "I think I saw someone that looked awful like our king headin' to the pubs. Dunno which ones."
"I heard his fav were the Mucky Duck."
"I heard it was the Big n' Brass."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:43 pm

she gave a quite huff trailing off and away from the group. Those at the docks didn't give things away for free but she really didn't feel like offering payment for them having loose tongues. She drifted through the streets thinking quietly to herself while remaining open to other voices, passing the several knots of various people and seeing if she could learn anything else useful from what they were talking about (perception, +10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:43 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:52 pm

You look around and lucky you, you spot Umbre, the Sorceror in service to the king. He waves at you and saunters over, a smug look on his face despite him standing no higher than your waist. You quietly wonder where he got the tousle of hair that he's perched on his head.
"Heeeeeeey New Girl. Whatcha up to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

having seen him around a time or two she gave a smile looking around the area quickly to see if anyone was close enough to easily overhear them. "have you seen the king, hes ran off again." She gave a little sigh aware of the other parts of the message, meaning her lord could very well be in danger right now. "Any help you could offer would be welcome and worth your while if that could help you remember"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:29 pm

"I was trying to trail him but curse that spirit of his...he uses it to keep an eye out for people following him. I sadly must get back to my tower, but he said something about going to the Otter's Paw down near the docks. It's your best bet." He turns and runs off, back into the castle.
Down at the Otter's Paw you walk into a party of some sort. There's a fair number of people there and everyone's talking animatedly. You pick up that it's about Graz'zt's death and how Faerun will get some peace from the Abyss for a while. Kren, a Dragonborn from the embassy, stands up and hushes everyone.
"Greedy greedy Graz'zt thought he could challenge The Crystal Citadel, but no! He thought he could take the dragons of the cursed Abyss and wipe Chult from the map, but no! The skies blackened with dragons from every creed and color taking wing to meet the challenge! Abyssal Dragons fell like hail, most of them crushing the land forces Graz'zt had brought. It was a victory against so many things, and Peludra is not the only Goddess to claim rights to it. A Chosen of Meilikki and a member of the Eilistrae faith participated. Together we worked together to bring him down for all the world!"
The tavern jeered out. You spot Lord Denomyr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:39 pm

she wormed her way slowly through the crowd, keeping a keen eye not only on the lord but all those around him. Her fingers ran down to the hilt of her broadsword, only half listening to the speech. As she neared him she hurried faster, still looking for anyone or anything that could pose a threat to him. After all his protection was foremost on her mind. (Perception for any threats/anything strange nearby +10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:39 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 14
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:41 pm

You see no one, and Lord Denomyr waves at you. "Hey...Elyco was it? Didn't I just approve your promotion? Come, sit, have a drink."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 pm

giving him a slow nod she does just that seating herself next to him unable to hide the slight smile across her face. "my lord, you really should be at the castle right now, you know this makes some of the guard worry till the end of days." Another quick look around and she dropped her hand away from the blade still smiling softly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 pm

You see a shimmer behind him. "I have nothing to worry about. I have an extra set of eyes and a good battle companion. I imagine it would take a strong assassin on a really lucky day to take me down." He pours you some sherry wine. "But I think I'm the lucky one. I have such a beautiful guard." You recall a warning that the King was very much a big flirt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 pm

Taking the offered glass she takes a slight sip, swirling it around idly shaking her head. "It is a rather mute point my lord, really should at least let someone know where you are before going off on your own, regardless of your own protection." she took another sip, savoring the flavor and giving him a wispy smirk and wink. "However, seeing as how I don't have much to do, how about I being your pretty escort guide you back to your throne?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:57 pm

He chuckles. "Ah but if I did express my desire to leave that stuffy old castle, everyone would say 'No! No Lord Denomyr, you can't go out it's so dangerous!' All those soddy old politicians are scared of their own shadows. I'd never get out." He sips the last bit of his wine. "However I certainly would not mind escorting you back to the castle. Did you have any plans for today? We could take care of them for you while we're here. And besides, I have something I want to talk to you about." He stands and holds out his hand to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:02 pm

her blush came to her face before being shoved away. With a hidden sigh she took his hand and stood up smiling some," was needing to pick up some bread and fruit today my lord, and once we are done with that I assume you'll end those politicians fears?" Another sly smile was tossed his way as she looked around wrinkling her nose again," and its not just politicians that worry, you have the respect of the guard as well, they are the ones who really worry. But, after you lord, as we walk you can tell me what is on your mind"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm

He hooks your arm into his and the two of you walk off to the market. He waits till the two of you are nearly there.
"My thing is, I imagine a few friends are going to be dropping in. I'll give you their descriptions later, but I want you to watch for them and bring then straight to me. Ring a few cadets into it if you must, but I'm worried that they may get targeted. And who can I trust but my Royal Guard, and I feel I can trust you the most. Can you do that for me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Jess



Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-10-05

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 pm

she gives a curt nod, smiling as if he and her were talking about nothing more than the time of day. "Of course my lord, but if they are a target I will see to this personally, cadets wandering the street would draw undue attention." She stopped by a stall looking over the breads and wares smiling and rather enjoying the attention he was giving her. "So do you know where these people will be entering the city lord, I can be packed and ready to meet them within the hour if he head back to the castle right away" (perception to find anything interesting in the stalls +10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 pm

The member 'Jess' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm

You spot some exotic fruits, and oddity in this season. A seller gives you a Papaya for free, encouraging you to take it home and try it, and if you like it, return to his stall.
"That's the problem. I don't know when they're coming, but I know it'll be in the next week or so. Chances are they'll stop by the markets to check things out. That's why I want you to get some cadets to help you look; even the winter indoor market is a big place."
Suddenly there's a crash as you see Lord Denomyr's Spirit Companion: a massive Coatl, shimmering in the light like a faint illussion. It's tackled a man with a black headband and knocked the knife from his hand. The King orders him to be taken away for trial.
"But my King, he tried to kill you!"
"He will go on trial. I will not become the tyrant that my predisesor was." You shudder as you recall watching two years ago an imaciated child killed in the streets for stealing an apple. He turns to you. "Perhaps we should make haste. The Black Dogs rarely travel alone."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: In Service to your King   

Back to top Go down
 
In Service to your King
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section :: Trix & DM-
Jump to: