The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Wrapping up Chult

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Wrapping up Chult   Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 am

Kendal, you and Andromaeda were left waiting for a while. Zebukiel, Imnirs and Arianrhod joined you shortly after you arrived, and all of you talked about your various faiths. Finally at noon, Valtheran and Rena join. You all sit down in a circle of very comfy chairs. Imnris opens the conversation.
"Allow me to be the first to thank you for your aid in this battle. You have saved many lives, and we are grateful."
"In the future, should you need something of us, whether it be Chult or the Knights of Celestia, do not hesitate to ask." Zebukiel adds.
Rena seems to pounce on it. "Got an easier way to the High Forest than following the coast?"
"Sadly no. The coastal winds will make for an easier flight, and the abundance of villages and towns will offer shelter in the event of ill weather. It is the best way."
"Ok."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

Kendal looks over at Rena. "Sounds like you don't like the coast much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 am

"It's not that, I just hoped a place like this might have a merchant vessel sailing up there or maybe a portal that could just poof us there. At this point it looks like we're facing about a week in the skies, with fair weather. Closer to two if we don't get so lucky."
Zebukiel laughs. "Then just fly to Amn and catch a vessel from there. That should cut flight down, but you'll spend more time at sea."
"Good point..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:50 pm

(pass)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 pm

"I for one, think there is something that still needs to be addressed here." Arianrhod stands up and points at Imnris. "We risked our lives to fight this battle of yours. While it was the right thing to do, we made sacrifices." She looks at both Rena and Andromaeda before turning back to Imnris. "We lost things. Things that can never be recovered. And we saw things that cannot be unseen. We've suffered, and while I won't state that no one else suffered, we need compensation of some sort. You, First and Fourth Knight of Celestia, owe us. And you owe us big."
"Arianrhod isn't this going too far? I know I lost Nath but..."
"Nope. We dragons do this sort of thing all the time." She turned to Zebukiel. "We make deals. If Graz'zt made his move, there's no denying he thought he could win. Which means he knew something. I want to make sure I have allies that will help US, not some selfish prick rolling in his own fat atop his throne. I want your word that when we need you, one of you will come. Not some second-rate messenger boy come to tell us we're doomed because you're too busy sucking dragon toes."
Zebukiel looks angry. "Is that a reference to what I think it is?"
"You bet your scaley ass it is. The council at Thay are nothing more than fatasses too heavy to fly. And I doubt more than 2 of them want to bring Arkhosia back for the purest of reasons."
"That's uncalled for Ar--"
"So was my mother's death."
Zebukiel, looking completely unnerved, sits back down. "You have my word. I'd probably die if I went anywhere near Thay."
"Atta boy." She glares at Imnris. "What about you?"
Imnris snorts. "Fucking bitch. You're right though, but what will you do if I say no?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Kendal stands up real fast. "ENOUGH ARI! You seriously think that just because we helped them to defend their kingdom that they owe us an alliance? I'm no diplomat but getting an alliance doesn't normally involve shoving our deeds down their throats."

Diplomacy Check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:51 pm

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 10
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 am

Arianrhod keeps glaring at Imnris. "It is the way of dragons. Even among the good, nothing comes without a price. And as to your question, Imnris....does the name Silgarah'Nia of the White Horn ring a bell?"
"Yeah. She was a Silver Dragon who had brilliant white horns, rather than the black ones Silvers normally have. She also single-handedly killed a member of the Council of Thay. Klaghari the Adamantine, I believe. She was executed as a result."
"Klaghari was later found to be worshiping Tiamat and was attempting to take over the Council as a Tyrant. He also liked robbing the cradle." Zebukiel added.
"Silgarah'Nia was my mother."
Imnris startled, but not from this surprising truth. In a blink Arianrhod had her sword at Imnris's throat.
"He snuck into her layer to assault me. And despite all this, my mother was never pardoned." Arianrhod swung, and a frightening thunk resounded. Imnris looked to see nothing more than a chunk of the chair sliced off, cut in two before it hit the ground. "Fine then. Next time you're attacked, I'll save everyone else. You? Can Rot." She strolled out and slammed the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:04 am

Valtheran glares at Kendal. "Please keep your mouth shut next time. That did not help matters at all." He turns to the council. "We apologize for her outburst and we will attempt to keep her away from the council chamber in the future... though she did make some good points. Will we have your support if we ever need it?" He gets to his feet. "Rena, where would Arianrhod go in her current mood?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 am

Imnris huffs. "I suppose if YOU were to ask for it, I'll help in what ways I can."
When you ask Rena, she shakes her head. "I don't know her well enough."
It's Zebukiel who stands. "Either her room or the Temple. Though I would lean more towards the temple. I'll lead you there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 am

Valtheran ignores Imnris and nods in thanks to Zebukiel. "Thank you. I don't think her state of mind was helped by the conversation here and I'm worried about her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:07 am

Kendal, you and Andromaeda leave and return to your rooms. Later on you get a message to meet in the Main Hall for dinner where plans were to be discussed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Valtheran walks into the main dining room, looking around to see if any of the other party members are there.

spot check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:17 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Kendal comes in, looking warily around for both Valtheran and Arianrhod. "I really hope I didn't do too much damage with my big mouth."

Spot check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 pm

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 pm

You both see Arianrhod sitting at a table, a small spread of food. She waves you over. As you all sit down, she produces a map. "I got this map of the coast. I figure we should try to stop at Athkatla; maybe we can find ourselves a ship that will sail us up the coast a ways, giving flying a rest. From there it's pretty much a straight shot to the High Forest as well. Sound like a plan?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Kendal looks at the map carefully. "I guess so."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Valtheran takes a close look at the map. "I'm not seeing any major problems with it. Any idea what the weather is gonna be?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm

"Besides cold as shit, no clue. Hopefully it'll favor us, but there are plenty of cities along the coast to stop at if needed."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:47 pm

"All I can say is lead on. But first, dinner." Kendal looks to the food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Arianrhod smiles and looks around. "What's Rena up to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Valtheran thinks briefly. "...now that you mention it, I'm not actually sure."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Just about then Rena comes running up, looking much better than when you last saw her but still winded. She sits down next to Valtheran and thumps her head on the table.
"Ow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

<pass>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Wrapping up Chult   

Back to top Go down
 
Wrapping up Chult
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: