The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Rumbling Clouds

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 pm

VAltheran sputters, apple bits flying. "Will you people stop surprising me like that?!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Rena mumbles "You make it so easy," before adding in a bit more of a louder voice "well I know he's not mine!" She chuckles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm

"...". Valtheran glowers, tossing the apple in a nearby trash can. He's getting tired of spewing bits everywhere. "Karrn, I know that's you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 pm

Kendal is just sitting here laughing his ass off. He finally gets control of himself. "Now THAT'S some good stuff. I can see he has a great sense of humor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Karrn turns back to normal and laughs happily, eyeballing the half-cow that Nath'Suillaruin was quietly nibbling on. Almechai returns about now, still a brass. He hands each of them a front leg and proceeds to gnack away at the head. "So what were you guys talking about?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:39 pm

"Well, Karn here decided to surprise Valtheran, Arianrhod has been trying to explain a plan of defense, and Nath has been munching on your food."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 pm

The skull breaks under his jaws and he profusely appologizes for the bits of cow brain that land on Nath.
Arianrhod laughs before continuing, "I want all of you to be in on this. The essential is for you three," motioning to Kendal, Andromaeda and Valtheran, "will ride you three," motioning to the dragons, "and attack these dragons." She lays out a picture of a big, grey dragon with an impressive crest fanning on it's head like a cocatiel's plumage. "That my friends, is an Abyssal Dragon. Took me a few favors to get that sketch."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Kendal looks it over. "Well, I can see why they're proud of their crests. How big are they in general? The dragons, not the crests on them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:11 pm

"Hm... doesn't look that difficult to kill. Well, not if you stuff enough arrows in it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Rena proceded to stare at Valtheran. "You do realize that you three will be taking on about 20 of these things? You don't have time to put enough arrows in them, much less a big enough quiver. Marr the crest and they'll run. That's all you have to do. I recomend having Karrn shoot acid when he can." She stretched. "Do try to stay out of trouble; I'll be busy with my own plans."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm

"Details, details." He shrugs. "They'll go down or run off. Those are their only options. Even if i have to jump on them and beat them into submission."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:08 pm

"Well, I know Valtheran can hit them with his arrows, but how am I supposed to do anything? Just lob fireballs at them?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Rena shakes her head and sighs at Valtheran. "Yeah, fireballs should work, if not better. The outer-covering of the crest burns easily, so they should retreat once it lands. Even your Eldritch Blast should damage it."
As she pauses, you all notice a heavy sensation in the air. There's a foreboding, and Arianrhod and Rena take that as a signal to prepare. "Right. Eat up, and don't tally. Get out to the skies asap, but without bumping into any of the Knights; they don't want you guys up in the air right now." The two of them sneak out of the dining hall unseen.
Andromaeda stands and puts her hand in the middle of the table. "If we get up high enough, we can ambush a few of those scale-bags. Right then, lets make a promise to come back from this alive." Nath, Karrn and Almechai all place their front claws on Andromaeda's hand, waiting for the two of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Valtheran shrugs and puts his hand in. "You do realize there's an army out there that's going to be doing as much as possible to make sure we don't come back, right?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Kendal climbs onto the table so he can put his hand in. "LET'S DO THIS THING!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Combat rolls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 15, 16, 18, 13, 7, 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

All of you throw your hands up and run out, mounting your dragons and taking to the skies. You can spot Arianrhod flying high, Rena on her back.
"I thought Rena could fly on her own? I hope nothing's wrong." Karrn comments before turning his attention to the battle at hand. "Let's give those dragons all we got!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Valtheran patted Karrn's neck. "Lets go get them. They're ours!" They take off and fly upwards through the clouds. Spotting the dragons, they swoop over in that direction. "Get us close in, Karrn. And get your acid breath ready!" He takes aim and lets loose 6 arrows, three aimed at the crest and three at its eye. Two of each hit.

Karrn flies in close and swoops around the dragon, hitting it with a couple acid breaths and generally being a pest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Just after you finish, you hear a monstrous roar. Karrn can't fly fast enough away, and you turn around to see what he's running from.
An Abysall Dragon easily as big as Zebukiel appears. His blood red crest adds a boom to his roar that shakes your bones. And on his back is none other than Graz'zt. No sooner you spot him, a silver blur catches your eye high above and you watch to see Arianrhod shooting down like an arrow from above. She lands hard on Geth'zu's neck, just behind his crest, and a second later Rena dives, clipping Graz'zt at a slight angle and knocking him off. Rena, you can see that she's in her hawk form, tosses Graz'zt around in the air a while, jostling him with ever catch and throw. You see Arianrhod fly away as Geth'zu cries out, blood streaming from his nose and mouth. He crashes into the sea, not stirring afterwards.

Arianrhod joins in on Rena's games, helping Graz'zt down by tossing him between the two. He finally lands on the sandy shore face-down, and Rena lands nearby. Arianrhod seems to fly off to help the now mobilizing forces of Chult to drive off the demons below. Your gaze returns to Rena, who seems to be doing well against Graz'zt. He already sports several deep wounds, and is still suffering from the chest-wound that Arianrhod dealt him several months ago. You are awed as she nimbly dodges his deadly sword and plants one of her chakras into his side. From there, she uses it as an anchor to haul herself around and launch into a mid-air twirl that brings the other down on his shoulder. Unable to hold his sword, he drops it and begins to fall to his knees. She plants her feet on his back and slices across with the deadly blades on her chakras, slicing off his head like scissors through paper.

Elation fills you as you watch her. She holds the head high and the demons below begin to panic. There's a feel like the battle is finally over. A feeling destroyed and turned into sheer terror when you see a slate-grey mass tackle her. You spur Karrn to fly faster, fly towards her, but in his exhaustion he struggles. Arianrhod whizzes past you and pulls the thing of Rena. You see it's Agathodemon, and one hand stubbornly refuses to release her arm. Rena's hacking away at him with her chakras, while Arianrhod is trying to bite at his throat, held back only by his hands. He throws off Arianrhod and sets all four hands to wretching her arm. You hear the snapping bones, Rena's cry in pain, then a final gargle as Arianrhod slams him and sinks her fangs true. When Karrn finally lands, Agathodemon lies slain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Valtheran sees this and freaks. "Karrn, get me down there NOW!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Karrn does something so out of character then. He snaps at you, "We ARE down, you stupid human!" He grabs you by your armor and sets you down roughly, plopping down. Seems when you drove him around the dragons, he wore out to the point of getting angry. Arianrhod has taken her half-dragon form and holds her arm, breathing what you guess is her crystaline breath on it. It solidifes into a cast, holding the bruised pulpen mass together. "I can carry her up to the infirmary, but that's all I can do. You better get Karrn to stir his stumps; those demons will be coming this way to get back to their portals." She points out to the portals just on the edge of the shallows. "Unfortunately the dragons closed most of the portals during the retreat, so it will be a massacre on their end. I'll send a dragon out for you and Karrn, just in case there's trouble, and I'll wait for you at the landing pad for when you get back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

combat rolls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon May 02, 2011 10:11 am

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 5, 3, 12, 6, 7, 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Kendal and Al flies out to meet the oncoming dragons. First dragon: Almachiai does a quick spin while Kendal lobs a fireball. It misses but then Al rams into the dragon while still spinning, grabs hold of its neck, and then twists. A satisfying cracking sound and the dragon falls. Second dragon: Almachai doesn't even wait for Kendal to shoot. He slams into them again, and starts fighting tooth and claw. After about a minute, Almachai roars as he pours his breath down the throat of the dragon. Pieces fall everywhere. Third dragon: Kendal sees Andromaeda in the distance and get impulsive. He jumps off of Al's back and lands right on another dragon. he then puts it's crest aflame and then jumps off again, landing on Al's back. "YOU ****ING IDIOT!!! TELL ME BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!" Kendal just hopes Andromaeda saw that." Fourth Dragon: Almachai simply lands on top and slams them into a wall. Breaks the wall, but kills the dragon. Fifth Dragon: Almachai chases another abyssal around the keep. Kendal is constantly shooting off fireball after fireball. Finally, Al gets the drop on the other dragon and Kendal unleashes a spray. Hits the crest square on and the dragon flies off with no dignity. Sixth Dragon: Kendal simply punches it in the crest as Almachai does a low and fast flyby. "Well, that was anticlimactic."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   

Back to top Go down
 
The Rumbling Clouds
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: