The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Rumbling Clouds

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Valtheran you walk into the dining hall and look around. It's filled with a hodge-podge of people, but someone stands out: Kendal's here. Then you see Andromaeda with another drow and...the half-elf you met in the garden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Valtheran's eyes bug out and he chokes on the bite of the apple he'd just taken. He seriously debated turning around and walking off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Kendal you see Valtheran nommin on an apple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 pm

"OY! OVER HERE!" Kendal shouts and waves Valtheran over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm

Valtheran gets the apple bit out of his windpipe and starts walking over. He's trying to figure out why the half-elf is there and who the other drow is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 pm

The half-elf quickly winks at Kendal and Andromaeda. The only open seat at the table is next to the half-elf. You sit next to her.
"Good Valtheran. You arrived just in time. I'm afraid I have some very pressing matters to discuss with you three."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:00 am

Valtheran sits down, glancing at the half-elf and wondering what, if anything, she said about their encounter in the garden. He examines her face out of the corner of his eye - she seems familiar somehow, like he knew her from someplace else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 am

She offers a toothy grin. "Don't worry, they only know that I met you in the garden. Nothing of what else went on. Although part of me would wonder if Rena would ever want to find out...." She chuckles deviously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:09 am

This perks Kendal's interest. "So, what else DID happen in the garden, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 am

Valtheran glowers. "Nothing. I just tripped on a vine and she helped me up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 pm

"Pish looked more like he threw himself at the ground. And speaking of which I think you have a pine-chip caught in your teeth...but anyway, onto the pressing matters." She signals for everyone to speak quietly. "I'm afraid that Graz'zt is preparing to launch an all-out-offensive, and it's aimed at Chult. Peludra's temples have produced a number of people who have troubled him, and I am the last straw. And he knows that Peludra's Temple will be helping restore the High Forest. So he can handle two problems with one strike. Zebukiel's not wanting me or any of you to get involved in this; he says it's not our problem, but Graz'zt has made this our problem. I can't speak for any of you, but I'm making preparations to fight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Kendal leans in. "And like hell I'm going to let you fight on your own. I'll prepare as well, though there's not much i can do TO prepare, except strengthen my mind against his magic."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Valtheran scowls. "Um... hate to rain on your parade, guys, but how do we even know that we can trust this person? For all we know she could be working for Graz'zt." He takes another bite of the apple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Kendal chuckles. "You REALLY have no idea who this is do you? For a ranger, you really do miss the little things."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 pm

"Kendal, I'm a ranger. I work with animals and my bow. People's body language? Not so much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

She swats Valtheran upside the head before turning into Arianrhod. "Do I look like I'm working for Graz'zt?" She sighs and shakes her head. "It is my fault tho, I never said 'HAI I'M ARIANRHOD,' so I can't blame him. If anything, it tells me my disguise is pretty good."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:05 pm

"Tells me he just doesn't pay attention to the eyes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Valtheran spits out the bit of apple he was chewing on in surprise. It flies across the table and hits Kendal in the face. "Notice that I hadn't seen her eyes in quite a while. I was just busy trying to calm her down in that tree."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:09 pm

Kendal ignores the apple bit. "And what that tells me also is that you need to learn to start paying more attention to people. They are just as important to know as nature."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Valtheran shrugs. "You might be right. You might not be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:39 pm

"In this I know I'm right. People are just as much a driving force as nature is. To survive, you need to know both. I know people, you know nature. how bout we switch from time to time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:55 pm

"That makes sense. If you want my incredibly shitty people skills."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm

She thumps both on you on the nose and Andromaeda chuckles. Andromaeda adds "Well that's what you get for carrying on when someone's trying to talk to you. Now I say we plan on a good strategy that uses our strengths."
Rena sits down at the table, gnawing away at an apple. "Sorry I'm late Arianrhod; I needed to stretch my wings a bit." Her tail twitches as she looks at Kendal and Valtheran. "What's wrong with your noses?"
Arianrhod waves it off and adds "A good strategy is important now. But only if we have everyone's cooperation, including the dragons." The food arrives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 pm

"So... what are you planning?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:51 pm

She waits for the server to leave. "I've laid out a nice flexible plan. Graz'zt will have a larger force attacking the ground, but his main strength will come from his air support, in the form of Abyssal Dragons. I'm not sure the exact number, but it will be enough to put some worry in Chult's numbers. You guys, riding your dragons, will help take them down. Try to aim for either a fatal shot, or attacking the crest. An Abyssal Dragon prides their crest, so damaging it can turn them back."
Rena jumps in. "Arianrhod is helping me out with a plan all my own, so it will be up to you three to drive them back. Once the dragons are gone, the fight will turn to our favor."
About now a kid who looks like the spitting image of Valtheran sits next to him. "Hey Dad!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Rumbling Clouds   

Back to top Go down
 
The Rumbling Clouds
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: