The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 In the Flames of Chult

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:20 pm

Kendal wastes no time and jumps on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Valtheran hops on and strokes Karrn's neck briefly. "What is this thing we need to see?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Karrn, without warning, turns and launches himself off, easily gliding up to the plateau behind the citadel. He even soars down the tunnel and takes a sharp left, landing in a massive cavern. A larger, older Copper (Valtheran you recognize him as Karrn's grandfather) is perched up on one of the rocks, scanning the many cracks and crevices of the cavern.
"Ah Karrn you've arrived. She's scampered off into a crag and I can't figure out where she is. She never stays there long, so when she bolts is the best way to catch her."
Karrn lands easily and waits for you two to get off. "We found her at my parent's den. She's a half-dragon and she's in bad shape; we brought her here so she could be healed but she panicked when she woke up. We need your help to catch her. You'll do it better than we could."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Valtheran looks at Kendal. "You don't think..." He shakes his head. "No, it couldn't be. Could it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:30 pm

"All we know is that she's a half-dragon. Besides, you saw her die, same as me. It can't be her. People can't come back from the dead. Not without supernatural powers beyond the scope of any mortal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:31 pm

A flash of silver bolts out of one hole and into another. You see a bit of a silver dragon's tail poking out, twitching with what you can guess is a vain effort to get further in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Kendal walks over to the hole. "Hey, what's with the hide and seek?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

You hear a bit of a snark from the hole and as a silvery eye turns upon you, wide in fright. The tail curls in and you can barely make out silvery leather of the half-dragon's wings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

"Hmm..." Valtheran looks around for the other end of the hole. "Keep talking to her. I'm gonna try and find the other end."
spot check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:37 pm

"C'mon out. We're not going to hurt you." Kendal sees something in the eye, something familiar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:38 pm

There's no other end. This is as far as she can get. Instead, you're eyes see something else.

It IS Arianrhod. Scales have peeled away from her wrists, legs and neck, where shackles held her tight. She's scared, and you can see she's crying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Kendal gets an idea. "You have any water nearby?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 pm

"Arainrahod, it's Valtheran and Kendal. We're not going to hurt you." He reaches out and touches her flank. "I think I saw a river while we were flying over here. What are you thinking of?"

diplomacy check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:41 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 16
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:42 pm

"She's in a state of panic. she needs something physical, something that reminds her of us. remember when i played with the water while she was forced into a child?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:48 pm

She snorts as Valtheran touches her and her tail moves quickly...but stops just shy of his face. It drapes softly on his shoulder, and she slowly leans out. Her long hair is filthy and matted, and there's all manner of dirt on her body, only covered by scales. A hand reaches out, first for Kendal, then for Valtheran, until both rest firmly on your face.
"This...this isn't a dream..." she half-asks, half states with a shakey, weak voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:49 pm

"No, it's not." Kendal can't believe it. It really is her. It really is Arianrhod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:51 pm

"We're here, now. We won't let anyone hurt you, I promise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Releif washes over her whole body and she collapses with weakness. Karrn lands nearby. "I recognized her from the description Rena gave me some time ago. I figured since she knew you guys you could get her to come along without having to hurt her."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm

"Karrn, can you or your grandfather get her back to the castle? We can figure out what happened later." He looks her over. "Because now is REALLY not the time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Kendal gets over his shock for the moment. "I can go get the doctors."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Karrn gently picks her up and sets her on his grandfather's back. "We'll all head up to the citadel; the healers can do a better job there." The older Copper takes off and Karrn carries you back up to your room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm

"Thank you, Karrn." He looks at Kendal. "Well, THAT was surprising."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:11 pm

"Indeed. Makes me wonder... perhaps this has something to do with the growing amount of magic I'm feeling. Also, when i touched her, I felt another kind of magic in her, something that felt, well, bad. And it was rather familiar."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: In the Flames of Chult   

Back to top Go down
 
In the Flames of Chult
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: