The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:46 am

Arianrhod stops just as suddenly as her dash started, holding a short Eladrin by the shirt. Arianrhod is snarling lightly as she talks to her. "Who are you and why have you been following us? I trust not a shifting shadow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:48 am

Valtheran pulls out his bow and nocks an arrow, aimed at the newcomers head. "Move a muscle and the arrow goes through your eye."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:49 am

Kendal stares in amazement. He's never seen an Eladrin before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:51 am

Rhianwen sighs. She is a slight woman, standing only at five feet and once inch tall, pale, with red hair tied back to her head and a slender build. "This...is humiliating," she says. "Not the greeting I was hoping to give."

*Rhianwen is using her 1st level Assassin power, Shade Form. She is now insubstantial and cannot be touched by physical attacks.*

Arianrhod's hand can no longer hold the eldarin, and she drops to the ground. "Hear me out," she says. "I don't mean any of you any harm!"
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 am

"If you didn't mean us any harm, how come you've been following us? You've been tracking us for at least 4 days now. Not exactly a sign of trustworthiness, now is it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 am

Arianrhod motions to Valtheran to lower his bow. "Tell me this reason. Now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:54 am

Kendal, seeing this, catches himself and pulls out his staff in preparation for use of a spell. "Be quick about it"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:55 am

"You all looked very powerful. I was afraid to approach you all directly. Please understand, all of you look much more imposing than I do," she says softly, her eyes tearing up. "This...oh blast, this wasn't what I intended at all. I was hoping to approach all of you and meet you perhaps at a tavern!"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:56 am

Kendal lowers his staff, realizing how slow he was. "It still would have been better to have not followed us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:57 am

"Tell us who you are and why you were following us. Now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:58 am

Arianrhod sighed and shook her head. "I can see your reasoning now. On my honor I won't attack you. I am weary and wouldn't mind having a talk at a nice place." She turned to the party. "I know where we can stay if you guys don't mind her coming along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:59 am

Kendal considers it. "So long as my back isn't turned to her, I'll let her come along." He eye's the newcomer warily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 am

Valtheran lowers his bow. "Why should we trust her? She does look vaguely familiar... I think I've seen her before. And you're not going to like where."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:00 am

Rhianwen looks uncomfortable. "I will show you all a level of trust." She drops her shade form, becoming corporeal. "I am your prisoner, if you distrust me so much. I surrender myself to all of you. I hope to correct this misunderstanding. When we arrive at this place the noble, um, tall lady has mentioned, I will tell everything."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:03 am

"Arianrhod, can I talk to you in private?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 am

Rhianwen sits down a distance from Kendal. She removes her katana and sets it away. "I meant what I said," she says to him. "If yonder human thinks he knows me, he is sadly mistaken. I am from a guild, and there are other eladrin there. He may have mistaken me for someone else. I've never been in this region before."


Last edited by Rhianwen Talaith on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:06 am

Kendal watches the two go off, wondering what that's all about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:09 am

Kendal looks at her questionably. "That is possible. I barely know him myself. I'm still rather confused as to your reasons for hiding from us. If you want help, the best course would be to just ask for it directly, not "beat around the bush", if you pardon the pun."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:13 am

Rhianwen nods. "It wasn't exactly help. But you are more reasonable than your friend; I will tell you why I am here. My guild sent me to investigate powerful people; they like to know everyone. They deal in information, much like an adventurer's guild. I am on my first assignment, to learn more about the goddess Peludra, whom I know nothing about personally. I was sent to this strange area, to which I've never been to at all in my life, and when I saw the holy symbol on yonder woman's chest, I was so excited!"

Rhianwen looks unhappy, and continues.

"But....paladins don't like people like me, and I didn't know if Peludra was a friendly goddess. You and your friend were also....well...frightening to me. I traveled alone, and all of you could easily outnumber me and slay me. My actions were foolish, to say the least. I only wanted to travel with the paladin to learn about her goddess...." Rhianwen crosses her arms and her legs. "I'm really truly sorry," she says, looking near tears again. "This wasn't how my first assignment was to go at all!"


Last edited by Rhianwen Talaith on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:18 am

His face loses it's grave look, and is replaced by a look of kindness. "I myself know what it's like not to have important things go right. But there is one thing you should know, and it's the only real lesson I ever learned, at least that's what my father told me. Everyone makes mistakes and no one is exempt from that rule. Don't worry about it too much. She is a friendly person, so long as she doesn't feel threatened or her friends are in danger."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:19 am

Arianrhod and Valtheran returns a moment later. "So here's the game plan. I hail from Thay and there's a Thay Embassy here. We could all stay there," She turns to the Eladrin, "And resolve the issue at hand. We can eat there and get rooms."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:20 am

Kendal wholeheartedly agrees with this. "Finally, a warm bed and an ale will do nicely for me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:22 am

Rhianwen nods. "Of course." She picks up her katana from the ground and puts it back at her side. She moves nearer Kendal, whom she's taken a liking to.
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:26 am

The group wanders towards a large, imposing building with Arianrhod walking behind Rhianwen. From the outside it much resembles a fort with dragonborn pacing on the battlements. Fully armored Dragonborn. At the gates a green Dragonborn and armored human stopped them. Arianrhod produced some papers, spoke in a harsh growling language. They motioned to come inside.
On the inside the Embassy had an orchard and pond, along with another imposing building. Arianrhod walked in and was greeted by a brass Dragonborn.
"I am Lord Kane. It is an honor to meet you, Arianrhod."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:29 am

Kendal looks at the massive building behind Lord Kane. "This is quite an establishment, but why, I wonder, is it so well guarded?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1   

Back to top Go down
 
1
Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: