The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:28 pm

Kendal you wake up to see Arianrhod still watching the unconscious human. She's taken her armor off again, and has bandaged and tended the wounds. She looks exhausted as she nimbly sews the gash on the human's chest shut. Finally she cuts the thread with a clawed finger; now you see that her hands are clawed and patches of shimering scales dot her arms. She wearily leans against her Falchion, stabbed deep in the ground.
"I don't understand why he won't wake. He's had all the blessings I can offer." She wiped blood from her hands. "Maybe I just need to..." And with that, Arianrhod fell over and passed out from sheer exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Kendal gets up, realizes his idiocy, runs over to Arianrhod, and tries to help her to her bedroll.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Arianrhod seems stubborn, not wanting to leave the side of the human. Her Falchion shudders, the draconic glowing on it. "I have to...save him...bandits...only he can...tell...us...."
Kendal your passive insight would pick up that it's best just to toss her blanket on her and leave her where she lay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Seeing this, Kendal just goes, grabs her blanket, and lays it on her. He then takes watch, his eyes and ears pricked to all the sounds of the woods. "why does this have to happen tonight of all nights?" he thinks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:41 pm

Valtheran wakes up, slowly opening his eyes and studying the sky to try and figure out what time it is. He needs to pray if it's after sunrise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:44 pm

A few hours pass and the sun has just risen. Arianrhod still sleeps peacefully next to the human, her sword against her back. Some of her white hair has fallen in her face, the black tips barely tickling her nose. Her tail twitches slightly as she sleeps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 pm

Kendal is still on watch, tho he's having issues trying to stay awake. He looks over at the two figures laying near the fire, just to make sure they are still safe. He gets up, stretches and walks around a bit to get the blood flowing through his short stumpy legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:48 pm

Valtheran sits up suddenly, realizing that it was after dawn. He stands up gingerly and runs off to an isolated location nearby, so he can pray to Meilikki without disturbing anyone else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Arianrhod wakes tiredly to see the human gone. She panics and immediately stands up. "Where is he? He shouldn't be movng far!" Just as Valtheran gets done he sees Arianrhod who just then sees him and breaths a sigh of relief. She walks over to you. "Are you alright? You had me worried...."

Both of you would know this about Paladins: Think the ability to heal like a cleric with the wonderful meat-shield bonuses of a fighter. Paladins are made to take damage and help their allies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Kendal, who was off getting a drink at a nearby stream, comes back to see the two standing up and talking. He smiles and heads over to his bedroll and starts to pack up his part of camp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm

He looks up to see the paladin approaching. He extends a hand, saying 'Thank you for helping me last night. How badly off was I?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:16 pm

"It wasn't a problem. You looked rough. The worst injury though was that gash. It had to be painful. But luckly I was able to patch you up. By the way, I'm Arianrhod of Thay, Paladin to the Church of Peludra."

What you realize from this: Thay is a kingdom full of Dragons and Dragonborn, mostly honorable rulers. However you learn more from her being a Paladin of Peludra. Peludra is a Draconic Goddess that long ago was known for allying with Meilikki to defend sacred places. Peludra believes just as strongly as Meilikki in the balance between nature and civilization.
As you look her over, you realize Arianrhod is a half-dragon. They are not a race smiled well upon by others, viewed as an abnormal and unnatural race. Many half-dragons go insane later in life, their dragon-halves taking over too much and often in the worst possible ways. It is possible that she turns to Peludra in order to gain control over herself in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 pm

((passes))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:21 pm

"A half-dragon? Never thought I'd meet one of those..." He shakes his head, clearing it. "Is there any way I can repay you for your help?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:29 pm

"Travel with us to the next town. We should report those bandits. I'm not so sure if we should take them on." She looks down and sees your holy symbol. "Meilikki? Hm. I don't suppose you would be willing to travel with us further? I'm on a mission to help revive Peludra to her former glory, and aid from Meilikki would be rewarded in the future."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:31 pm

((passes))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:32 pm

"Lets get to the next town and see how we get along on the way. If things go well, then I'd be more then happy to travel with you." He does a facepalm. "You gave me your name but I haven't given you mine. Forgive my rudeness. I'm Valtheran."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 pm

"Not a problem, Valtheran." A loud rumble sounds from Arianrhod and she blushes furiously. "I think we should eat breakfast...I'll get to cooking."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Valtheran grins and raises his eyebrows. "You're not hungry, now are you?" He says with a sardonic expression and a playful tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm

Kendal finishes packing and heads over to Valtheran. "I'm Kendal. I hope you don't take too much offense for my behavior earlier, when i just slept while you were wounded. I'm not used to so much excitement in one day." Kendal holds out his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 pm

"You do realize that I had no idea what was going on - unconsciousness tends to do that to a person. Now are you a vertically challenged human with a bloody big beard or a dwarf?" He shakes the hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Kendal shakes hands, though is rather confused. "i don't know how to take that exactly, but I'm just gonna go with it for now." He then walks over to where Arianrhod is prepping breakfast with a very confused look on his face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Valtharan grinned to himself, knowing that he probably should have warned the paladin that he was a compulsive joker - he'll always make a wisecrack. As he thinks about this, he follows Kendal over to the campfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am

Arianrhod supplied them both food and packs up the rest of camp. She puts on more armor and stands ready.

Valtheran you've only seen Arianrhod in her long under-tunic, her long white hair hanging loose. It seems as though each strand is tipped in black, and there are patches of shimmering scales on her arms & legs. She has a long tail and walks digigrade on draconic legs. Now however, with full armor and her hair tied back, it would be easy for a stranger to mistake her for a him. Her large Falchion is tied to her back. Arianrhod stands at about 6'5" and holds herself well.

We're going to do encounters kinda differently. I've set a percentile chart, and I roll it privately to see what we get. Then I roll some dice to determine how long it will take us to get there. Once I announce the results, you guys will tell me if you want to rp some of that time out; interactions with other characters can go a long way with how campaigning can go in the end, so now's the time to get to know characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 1   Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:10 am

Valtheran ate quickly and then looked for his weapon and equipment. "Did I have any gear on me when you found me last night?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 1   

Back to top Go down
 
1
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: