The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 6

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:03 pm

"A garden in the High Forest."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:06 pm

"High Forest...." She thinks on it a moment, then a surprised look came over her. "Holy crap. That's a ways off. Though a caster with the right spell or a high-level druid with a focal could do that easily..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:09 pm

"She was a high-level druid. I ran into her in the marketplace earlier today. She gave me this." He unsheathes the dagger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

"Oooh...Pretty." She smiled broadly and looked at you. "I think someone's got an admirer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

He shrugs. "Apparently. Can you take a look at it, see if there's anything special about it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 pm

She takes the dagger from you and looks it over. "I can see there's a spell on it, but it doesn't seem dangerous. Though I'm no high-class wizard mind you. Finely carved, but..." she drags the blade across a bare spot on her arm. "Doesn't cut very well. Did this druid tell you what it was for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm

"Apparently there's a section of the High Forest that has some unholy power. The trees guarding it produce some of the best wood. I guess it's for getting the wood from the trees."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:18 pm

"Hm." She hands it back to you. "Best not use it till you get some clarification on the matter. Even then, we're not going up north just yet, so we can figure it out then." She stretches. "I imagine she'll show up eventually, and she can tell you more. Anything else on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:21 pm

"She did say that she'd be along in about two months. All I'm really wondering about is if there's something that I need to know that she isn't telling me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:22 pm

"Well if anything we can stop somewhere along the way and scry for her. Although, I imagine your goddess might tell you. Either way, hold off on using the dagger for now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:24 pm

"I wasn't planning on using it anyway. And is it wise to try and scry a very powerful druid?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:28 pm

"If we're not looking to hurt her, I see no reason why not. Try praying first tho."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 pm

"I was planning on it anyway."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:32 pm

She wanders back to the front of the group. "Now as for these mages, I'm meeting some old mages who worship Mystra. They are the ones we need to revive Mystra. They're marked by a symbol of seven stars and a red flow coming out from the middle of those stars. That's the holy symbol. So keep your eyes out for it in case we meet them along the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:35 pm

"Alright. lets keep our eyes peeled." Kendal starts looking hard at each person they pass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Andromaeda chuckles and looks around too.
Eventually, the people thin out until there's no one on the road but you guys. As the sun sets, Arianrhod picks a spot for camp. Andromaeda sets to gathering and cooking food, and you guys enjoy a nice rivershrimp stew. It's absolutely delicious, and Arianrhod jokes that it's good to have proper food for once.
If you guys don't want to rp anything, it's off to bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:39 pm

Kendal heads over to his sleeping mat, falls down on it, and immediately begins snoring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Valtheran does his evening prayers, asking for guidance, and then goes to bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:46 pm

Everyone is abrupty awoken by the sound of Arianrhod yelling at the top of her lungs.
"GET UP AND GET OUTTA HERE YOU THREE!"
You look to see she is fully armored and her falchion is drawn. She's taken stance against what looks like a tall, black-skinned man in robes. She's shuddering, and you can tell she's afraid. She takes barely a second to look back at you before charging the man, who easily knocks her back. You see he has six horns protruding from his head as he looks down at her.
"You are doing things I cannot have you doing. This will fix it." He shoots something black into her chest and vanishes.
Arianrhod begins to glow. The light changes shape; shrinks, then vanishes. A young half-dragon, maybe three years old with white hair leans up and rubs her head, saying something in a language none of you understand. She looks at you with silvery eyes.
"Je, Shu ni me couackikai?"

Insight check to figure out what she just said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 28
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:49 pm

Kendal is wondering what just happened. "What kind of spell did he just use?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Andromaeda stepped forward. "Even if we did know, there's no way we'd have the power to reverse it. That man was no man, but a demon. Graz'zt to be exact, the lord of three layers of the abyss. I think she just said 'what happened'." She walked over and helped up young Arianrhod. "Can you understand us?"
She nodded furiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:25 pm

"What the HELL?"

Valtheran wants to make an insight and a spot check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:25 pm

The member 'Bleidd Whitefalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'd20' : 2

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:29 pm

Valtheran you have no clue what Arianrhod said, but you do see that she has changed. One thing you spot is a small wound on her chest, and it's square over her heart. It's bleeding, and it seems Andromaeda has yet to really spot it.
Arianrhod looks around and starts to make an upset face.
"Eksibu thrack..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 6   Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:32 pm

He taps Andromadea on the shoulder. "Um, what's-your-face, she's hurt." He points to the wound. "I'm gonna patch it up - care to help?"

Valtheran wants to make an insight and a heal check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 6   

Back to top Go down
 
6
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: