The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 5

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:43 pm

In review:
Arianrhod got the group to attend a party, at which point Rhianwwen spotted a black dragonborn leaving with a bloody weapon. That night, it was also discovered that the king of Amn was dead. Lord Dennomyr, a tiefling shaman noble in the court, was named as the heir. Arianrhod was visibly bothered by all this, and set to finding the next goal: reviving the fallen godess of magic, Mystra. Rhianwen took off, and Arianrhod sat down at the table.
Setting up the scene:
Arianrhod grabbed a nearby flask and small cup. She poured a shot of the amber-colored liquid and downed it quick. She sighed heavy and leaned back in her chair. Pressing a hand to her head, she looked up.
"I hate the machinations of life sometimes...why does life spiral so? Even the endless wisdom cannot answer such mysteries; for such mysteries I must delve the hearts of demons & devils. And from such shadows, none can escape."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:48 pm

Valtheran walks in. "Arianahod, you alright?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:50 pm

Kendal is standing in a corner nearby. His thoughts are currently on Rhianwen, wondering why she left so suddenly, and wondering if he'll ever meet her again. "Life is so complicated, and never set in stone. You never know what may happen, and not even fortune tellers truly know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:53 pm

She looked over at Kendal. "A wise statement indeed." She looked back at Valtheran. "I'm fine. Just...bothered. Lord Dennomyr will allow us to leave as soon as we are ready." She leaned forward and sighed again. "Though I know exactly why. He expects us to hunt Sha'amash. He expects us to find and kill this threat to his crown."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:55 pm

"Is that what we're going to be doing? Because, frankly, if we go up against him now, we die."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 pm

Kendal suddenly laughs out loud. "HAHAHA! He's king for a couple of days and already he's feeling paranoid and has already started to do some manipulation." He stops laughing and starts thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:01 pm

She slams her hand down on the table, cracking the otherwise sturdy wood. "FUCK NO. I'm not putting you guys to that risk. He's kicked my ass several times. Sha'amash will be dealt with in time, but not now. If we revive Mystra, she'll fix the spellscar stuff and that will weaken Sha'amash. He relies to heavily on it, and we'll take away his precious curse." She calmed down. "Sorry for that outburst. It is the nature of politicians to manipulate, king or not. Dennomyr will find soon enough we are not his puppets."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Valtheran holds up his hands. "Calm down and go back a bit. What the hell is this spellscar stuff?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Kendal comes out of the corner and asks, "And what's our next immediate move?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:09 pm

She poured another glass and downed it just as quickly. "Many years ago, all gods were cursed to live on earth as mortals, bound to the form of their avatar. Many gods were lost during this time that became known as "The Time of Troubles." During this time, Cyric, god of murder and lies, had delusions of grandeur. Mystra tried to tone him down, and he killed her in a fit of rage. There was only one thing that survived: a sliver of her very core essence. This came to the protection of Peludra. However, without Mystra controlling the very weave of magic, it went crazy and produced the Spellplauge. If you don't survive an infection, you disintigrate into a pile of blue dust. If you do, you are marked with a scar that will bleed randomly and infect others. If we succeed in using this essence to revive Mystra, then the Spellplauge goes away, and all with the scar becomes healed." She turned away for a moment. "If only it could bring back those who died...."
"And as to our next move, we go east."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Kendal looks wide-eyed. "I'll remember not to touch him with a 20 foot pole."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:13 pm

"Does the Spellplague affect all magic users?" Valtheran studiously avoids looking at Kendal, but he's also thinking about Rena, suddenly worried for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:18 pm

"Magic user or not, anyone can die from it. Anyone can get infected. Which is why it's so important Mystra be revived." She sighed. "The key to that lies in the east, on the shores of Lake Esmel. If we travel along the river that runs from it, we can make good time and have all the resources we need." She turns to both of you. "Please keep in mind that I'm not forcing either of you to follow along with me, or to follow my orders for that matter. I don't want to make you guys hate me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Valtheran stretches. "I'll go. From the sound of it, this is an issue that needs to be resolved as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 pm

"Humph. You really think I'm going to abandon you now? Think again. I'll follow your orders, so long as I understand the reasoning behind them. And besides, you need someone with an "explosive" personality to come along." Kendal is standing up straight and looking like he actually has confidence at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Valtheran facepalms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Arianrhod smiled brightly. "In that case, we should pack up and rest here one more night. It's too late to head out today. Plus you can think of anything you want to get in town on the way out." She mumbled something about Rhianwen.
She downed another shot, making a third. Suddenly it was as if the alcohol hit her as she tumbled back into the chair. "That was sudden...." She set the flask aside and stood up. "Mayhaps some water?" She stumbled a bit, half tripping on her own feet. "Or maybe bed. Bed is good." She plopped on the couch, looked around, and plopped her head back. "Or couch. Yeah...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Valtheran grabs a blanket from a nearby room and gently lays it over her. "Sleep well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Kendal looks at her with a weird look, and then walks out the door, heading to his room to make sure he has everything he needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Kendal makes a spot check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:33 pm

The member 'Tayen' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Valtheran walks down to his room and takes a quick look through his pack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 29
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:36 pm

You have everything you need, shy of some rations. Nice job on the spot check.

Arianrhod falls to sleep quickly, so it's safe to assume things are good. Get your things together and go to bed if there's nothing you want to rp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Kendal falls asleep, and is soon snoring loudly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: 5   Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:48 pm

Valtheran makes a spot check
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 5   

Back to top Go down
 
5
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: