The Balance of Fate

Faerunean myths tell of a draconic goddess that leads the balance of life, hunting the evils that disrupt the balance.
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 4

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:01 am

Kendal simply walks next to them, still deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:02 am

"Do we have any idea what his true objective is? Is it to cause chaos here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:04 am

"Heh, if it is then he's done a fine job. Nothing like an assassination of a king to get the ball rolling down THAT lane."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:06 am

"What if the King wasn't his only target? Is the council protected? I personally can't think of a better way to cause complete chaos then taking out EVERY high ranking leader."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:08 am

"No clue. And after this security is tighter than a crab's ass." Oroborus guides everyone to a nearby room. Arianrhod is sitting on the floor, seven crystals hovering around her. Her eyes are closed and she seems to be deep in thought. Lord Dennomyr was sitting at the table and rose for everyone.
"Oh hello. I see you brought some unfamiliar faces Lord Oroborus. I am Lord Dennomyr." He looks to Arianrhod. "I woke up to see her meditating. I've tried to get her to eat for the last hour but she won't snap out of it. She's in her own world now."
The whole time she has not moved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:09 am

Kendal, seeing this, begins to worry about her. "Was she really that shaken up last night? It's almost as if she's trying to escape this world if she's been like that for over an hour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:10 am

Rhianwen walks over to Arianrhod and says very quietly, "Hey. You. That abomination is not here anymore. You know that. Snap out of this."
Back to top Go down
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 am

Valtheran remembers the vision he had and is starting to wonder if the black dragon-born is related to it somehow. "I think... she might know the assassin."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:13 am

"That would explain her reaction. I've never seen her like this. I don't think anyone in this room has."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:15 am

Rhianwen gently hugs Arianrhod. "C'mon, you. Quit it. We're all worried."
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am

"Maybe a quick smack to the back of the head might do the trick." Kendal puts his hand on his staff. "That is, if no one objects?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:17 am

Arianrhod does not respond to anything. Rhianwen, the crystals come close to your ears, sending an unnerving, angry buzzing in your ear. You hear a sigh from Lord Dennomyr. "And if you want to hit her, I say go ahead. But I'm not sure that's the best thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:17 am

"Don't. We don't know how she'll react."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:19 am

Rhianwen keeps ahold of Arianrhod, glaring at the crystals. "Those don't scare me. Don't use those to keep us out, Arianrhod. This isn't helping you."


Last edited by Rhianwen on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:19 am

Kendal takes his hands off his staff. "Well, I can only think of one thing I can do here." He then turns to Lord Dennomyr. "Where's the kitchen?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:21 am

"Rhianwen, LEAVE IT. I'm worried too, but I think this might be the best thing. If she knows him, and it's from where I think it is, then he is associated with UNBELIEVABLE trauma. Her mind needs to find a way to cope."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:22 am

"Her mind may need to cope, but it's useless to just meditate like this for so long. What we need to do is provide her with pleasant things, things that will bring her back from the depths of her mind. Things that deal with the senses."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:23 am

Rhianwen says quietly, "This is NOT healthy coping, Valtheran. It isn't. Running won't help her. Will she be able to run in real life? It doesn't look like she was able to. So why coddle this now? It will hurt her to let her retreat into herself like this."
Back to top Go down
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 am

The crystals spark as they spin. Finally one stops and points to the west, the others spinning around it. The crystals fade to dust and vanish. Arianrhod, who almost looked and felt like she was not breathing, takes a deep breath and opens her eyes, which seem to be awakened with some new power. She looks at Rhianwen who is still hugging her.
O.o-? "Uhm, hi Rhianwen?" She recovers quickly and returns the hug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:25 am

Rhianwen hugs Arianrhod tightly. "Woo! No more zombie you!"
Back to top Go down
Tayen



Posts : 665
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : In the middle of Nowhere, Montana

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 am

"Welcome back to reality, Arianrhod. We were quite worried for a bit there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:28 am

"Welcome back. There's something you're going to have to know..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM of this Party
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1803
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 30
Location : Somewhere in Arkansas. Not sure where.

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:30 am

She tilted her head for a moment then smiled again, still hugging Rhianwen. "Oh I haven't explained....I call myself a paladin of the faith, but in truth I am what is known as a Battlemind. Think like a psychic fighter. I meditate like that from time-to-time. It's been a while and I needed to figure something out. And what do I need to know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://balanceoffate.guildealliance.com
Bleidd Whitefalcon



Posts : 1137
Join date : 2010-06-29
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:31 am

"The King is dead. We think that dragon-born that Rhianwen saw is the killer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 4   Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:32 am

Rhianwen coughs uncomfrotably. "Also, Arianrhod. You know the fucker, pardon my language. Let's say, erm, he made a threat at me. How likely is he to carry that out?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 4   

Back to top Go down
 
4
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Balance of Fate :: RP Section-
Jump to: